Ka Huna massage is a holistic approach to rejuvenation & healing for body, mind & soul.
What is Ka Huna Bodywork?
Ka Huna bodywork originated in the South Pacific and was used during Rites of Passage as a transformational massage and healing system. It is also known as Hawaiian Temple Style Massage and Lomi Lomi. This beautiful form of bodywork provides a holistic approach to healing by balancing the body-mind in it’s physical, emotional, and spiritual dimensions. Ka Huna bodywork is unique in a number of respects. The practitioner uses their hands, forearms, and elbows and moves around the table (using flowing Hula and Tai Chi movements). They work with Energy to apply soft and deep tissue massage. Music is played and the practitioner attunes the flow of the massage to harmonise the various rhythms within the client’s body, mind & soul.
Who can receive Ka Huna Bodywork
Everybody, regardless of body shape, age or state of health can receive Ka Huna Bodywork. Beneficial during Rites of Passage. Weather you’re feeling lack lustre, out of kilter, or pain, Ka Huna bodywork offers excellent treatment. People suffering stress, depression, exhaustion, physical discomfort and injuries, confusion, grief or loss may also benefit from Ka Huna Massage. It can also assist if you’re dealing with ongoing illness, work or relationship issues.
Ka Huna Bodywork Practitioner
Your practitioner provides a safe, supportive environment and compassionate understanding to facilitate the client’s experience of self-healing. Professional practitioners have qualified after in depth training with Mette’s Institute at High Spirits Retreat. The institute is accredited bt several Associations of Massage Therapy throughout Australia. All practitioners have extensive experience in the process of both giving and receiving Ka Huna bodywork, client counselling and Huna philosophy. Ka Huna bodywork is a wonderful way to pamper a friend or yourself. To bring the joy of life to your body, a feeling of peace to your mind, a sense of wonder to your soul.
Ka Huna Bodywork Benefits
- Instills a calming sense of peace and deep relaxation
- releases deep-seated neuromuscular tension and allows energy
- Treats the lymphatic, immune, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems to promote improved health and fitness
- physically re-energising and rejuvenating
- improves flexibility
- helps to release fear, anger, grief and guilt as well as negative beliefs, self criticism and traumatic memories
- brings clarity and confidence, joy, open heartedness and trust
- offers opportunity for self awareness, self acceptance and self love
- generates an overall sense of well-being, vitality and empowerment
- healing of injuries faster and more completely
- more love in life
- more happiness
- more balance
- more world peace
Every time you have a Ka Huna you will experience something different. Sometimes it’ physical healing and relaxation, sometimes you unlock stuck emotions crying, laughing and smiling. Another time you might see colours, experience energy shifts, release past memories, connect to your soul more or receive spiritual healing.